Author Topic: How About Some Introductions?  (Read 12612 times)

Penfold

• Zooming into the distance
  • Global Moderator
  • TBC
    • View Profile
Re: How About Some Introductions?
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2014, 04:47:25 PM »
Welcome.  Always good to see a new face round these parts.  Best of luck for this year's contest.

Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • MF1
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2014, 08:40:53 PM »
It would be nice if we had further reasons to use this topic again.

I'll probably start bothering you all to join on 2/1, and the site might be back up by then too. (It never went down this year, but that's not the point.)

F1CrewChief

• 2015 Member
  • The lights are on so turn up the volume!!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - f1speedfreak
    • View Profile
    • Linny's Website
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2014, 09:26:24 PM »
Welcome to the group!!

Linny
Linny
aka F1CrewChief

Chundlah!

• 2015 Member
  • In your couch, stealin' your change...
    • View Profile
    • The North Korea Daily
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2014, 12:22:56 PM »
Hello, just quietly setting some sort of an elapsed time record between posts, must be about seven years...

Returning to the game and the boards after a lengthy absence, those members of long-standing may recall that they have nothing to fear from my performance I am terrible at this game, mostly because I insist on picking Jenson Button Every Single Time.  And I've done it again this year.

Anyway, just saying "Hi" lets hope that we get a cracking season, engines that don't work and cars that don't finish races should make for an unpredictable year...

EuroBrun

• 2015 Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2014, 03:41:21 PM »
Hi guys.

I thought that half way through my first season with you guys was as good a time as any to say hello.
My name is Steve, my user name is EuroBrun.  EuroBrun being my favourite rubbish team of all time:
     http://www.f1rejects.com/teams/eurobrun/profile.html
Eurobrun, the only team in 1989 to never make it to Sunday

I'm 29, from the UK, motor racing fanatic.  Been into F1 since approx 1991, but really got engrossed following "Our Nige" in 1992 (aged 7).  I'm really fascinated by the history of F1, so spend a lot of time watching old races.  In addition to F1, I try to watch as many GP2 / 3 races as poss (which is difficult without SkySports).  Still never had the chance (or finances) to go to a live F1 race, but go to many UK race meetings, usually BTCC, but club and historic meetings are also great fun.  There's nothing like looking through an old F3 program from 5 years back and seeing the number of guys that have gone on to bigger things.  Quite big on IndyCar too.

I work away a lot for work, so I've missed qualifying on numerous occasions cos of not paying attention to time differences.  Usually learn my lesson in time for the race tho.

Discovered you guys via F1Fanatic.  I'm an avid reader, but rarely post.  I'm absolutely amazed that I'm currently top of the standings! Beginners luck! Even more gutted that I've missed two weekly picks.

Anyhow, thanks for having me.

Chrill

• 2015 Member
  • Sanders for President
    • MSN Messenger - chrischrill@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2014, 09:25:17 PM »
Don't worry about the lead, I will be catching you soon ;) I am the reigning champion after all. Once I stopped picking Felipe Massa, I suddenly won!
2008 - Runner-Up
2009 - 4th
2013 - Champion
2014 - 3rd

F1CrewChief

• 2015 Member
  • The lights are on so turn up the volume!!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - f1speedfreak
    • View Profile
    • Linny's Website
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2014, 07:53:28 PM »
Welcome EuroBrun.  Glad to add new members, even though it means some of us just fall further down the standings...lol.
Linny
aka F1CrewChief

EuroBrun

• 2015 Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2014, 06:45:49 PM »
thanks. don't think i've done so well this week tho after Rosberg's gearbox failure.

magon4

• MF1 Champion
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2014, 01:39:39 PM »
Hi everyone!

I am Marcio Goncalves, Brazilian living in Germany. I've been to 6 GPs at 3 different venues, watch F1 since 1989 and don't miss a race since 1994.
I root for the Germans, with Vettel being top on my list. I admire Alonso a lot as a driver, but don't like him. ;)
Second season here at MF1, looking for my first title...

Penfold

• Zooming into the distance
  • Global Moderator
  • TBC
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2014, 03:16:51 PM »
Howdy.

I'd wish you luck with your title ambitions but seeing as I'm currently sitting in second place you might doubt my sincerity!

Chrill

• 2015 Member
  • Sanders for President
    • MSN Messenger - chrischrill@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2015, 12:36:17 AM »
Ah, introductions! Funny piece a topic :)

The name's Christopher! I was born April 25th 1991, which makes me 16. I will turn 17 this year, then. Born, raised, and still living in Stockholm, Sweden. (Sweden is NOT the country with lots of chocolate. That's Switzerland. We're the ones with the sexy tall blondes (or so people think. It's not true either. We're mainly brown-haired)).

I currently attend a collegeish thing here in Stockholm. I take lots of classes, incl. (but not limited to) Programming, web design and tons of English. This school has a sort of rule, which says that 50% of my classes has to be in English. Thus, I believe my English is quite good. I speak Swedish as my mother tongue, cool enough :) (Det var en gång en liten fågel, och den hette Roger)

I've got one little sister and three younger brothers, making it five children in our family and me the oldest!

Speaking of Formula One then.. Well, Ljud (or Matej) brought me here, so say thanks to him if you find me nice :P I'm a Ferrari fan and always has been. As my father was really into Michael Schumacher, I became a fan of him as well. My favorite drivers of 2008, in a top three manner, should be these:
1) Felipe Massa (Blame the Ferrari connection mentioned above)
2) Adrian Sutil (He performed great last year, I am very impressed)
3) Nick Heidfeld (Dunno why, I just think he deserves to win something now)

I guess that's about it! If you feel like speaking to me, don't be afraid to add my MSN (chrischrill [at] hotmail[dot]com) or to drop a PM.

Hah. Felipe Massa. I always did pick him. Never worked out.
2008 - Runner-Up
2009 - 4th
2013 - Champion
2014 - 3rd